Skip to main content

Reading Update: Sorry For Not Posting Last Week!

 Reading Update: Sorry For Not Posting Last Week!


Hello my fellow readers! I’m back with my reading update. I’m sorry that I missed last week, I was really busy and didn’t have the time to read a lot or make a post, so you’ll be getting 2 week’s worth of bookish stuff.


Also, I have a Google Form up on my Home bar on the main page of this blog if you’d like to recommend books to me!


Anyway, let’s get right into it.


Legendary by Stephanie Garber

4 stars. I really enjoyed Tella’s pov in the story a lot more than I did Scarlett’s from book 1, but that might be because Tella’s had a sense of danger and secrecy that her sister’s lacked.

As always, the whimsical vibes of Caraval were on point, and the inclusion of Jacks and the Fates was intriguing. All in all, if you like romantasy, then Legendary is a worthy sequel to Caraval. 


Call Down The Hawk by Maggie Stiefvater

Another 4 stars. I really enjoy Maggie Stiefvater’s work, and this spin-off kept the same dreamer-vibes of its first series but turned it into an apocalypse anti-hero situation.

There are a lot of pov’s in this one, but I really liked how Ronan got a front seat, along with Jordan, a new character, and Farooq-Lane, her being part of the antagonist group and really tying it all together.


I also got some Declan chapters, and he’s one of my favorite characters, so…


Free Falling by Iyanna Wilson (ARC COPY)

This book was 2.5 stars. I’m not going to lie, it could have been better. Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoyed the concept of the young adult fantasy-mystery, but the execution could have been better.


I liked the idea of the characters, Amorae and Ignace, but they felt flat, and the story could have used a few more rounds of revisions. 


My full review is on Goodreads.


Burn the Dawn by Haley Hartman (ARC COPY)

I have to rate this one a 3.5. I liked the worldbuilding of the story, the plot was fast-paced and twisty, but it was the characters that lowered this rating.


Nyx is the main character, and while I really liked her, there was something about her that I just couldn’t click with. And her love interest Accolyn was alright. 


Also, there were a few grammar mistakes, but that was it. 


If you’d like to try out the book, I will warn you: it’s a closed-door with a little bit of a lead-up into it, which caught me off-guard.


My full review is on Goodreads.


And there it is: my reviews for the 4 books that I've read these past two weeks.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Noahs On The Subway: My Flash Fiction Piece That Went To AG National Fine Arts

Sugar, Spice, Steam… What Is The Spice Scale?

Make A Character With Me: A Step-By-Step Guide To Writing Detailed Characters