Weekly Reading Update: What Have I Read?
Hello and welcome, my fellow readers! Today is my first-ever Weekly Reading Update! I’m going to be sharing how many books I’ve read this week, my ratings on them, and a little bit about the books!
How Many Books Have I Read?
I have read 4 books. Well, technically four. I finished Such Charming Liars last Saturday, though I had started it a few days before. Then, I read Of Stormlarks and Silence, Of Chaos and Cadence, and Of Tides and Treason.
I am in the middle of reading Her Last Wish by Eva Sparks, but I won’t be going into the details on that one, since it’ll be for next week.
Such Charming Liars: A Mini-Review
Such Charming Liars was a 4-star read for me. While I loved the two main characters, Kat and Liam, and the plot, it was a little slow at times.
Such Charming Liars is about Kat, whose mother works under a jewel thief and is given one last ‘mission’ before she’s allowed to quit, and Liam, whose father is a conman in the process of conning a rich woman named Annalise Sutherland.
But here’s a fun fact: Liam and Kat were step-siblings for all of 48 hours 12 years ago, and haven’t seen each other since then. Until now, that is.
Of Stormlarks and Silence: Mini-Review
This one was a 5-star read. I had found it on KU (Kindle Unlimited), and decided to borrow it on a whim. It paid off. I loved Riona and Tristan, and the world-building, and the plot, though sometimes Riona’s hatred toward Tristan felt a little much.
Of Stormlarks and Silence is a dual-POV. Riona is the former princess of a conquered country who despises the King who killed her parents and took her country, and her hatred extends to his son, Prince Tristan.
Tristan doesn’t like his father very much, and does his best to counteract the deeds that his father does…
Of Chaos and Cadence
4-stars. While it was about Liam (a character in OSAS), and I loved him, the plot felt slow for 60% of the book, before suddenly rushing forward. Isa/Isarrel was a wonderful character too, and I loved her character growth.
Of Chaos and Cadence is about Liam and Isarrel. Liam is the new King Tristan’s spymaster, who places his duty to his friend and King above all. When he discovers that mages have been disappearing for years, he’s determined to get to the bottom of it.
Isarrel is a half-elf with harmonic (human) magic that she can’t control. When her magic lashes out in a way that injures two elves, she is banished from her home until she can better control her magic… and she seeks out Liam’s help to do so.
Of Tides and Treason
4-stars as well… but that’s mostly because the writing didn’t feel as good as OSAS, or it would have been 5 stars. I LOVED Ahane Ryu and Mellie, the two main characters in this book.
Ahane Ryu is the Sovereign Heir of Arn, a place that despises mages and magic. But his homeland is dying, and Ryu has no idea how to fix it… so he seeks out the rumored mage to be living in the northern Arn’s woods with a connection to animals in a desperate attempt to try to heal his land.
Mellie has just escaped from a situation that she will never return to, and lives with her flamewolves and tidefox out in the woods, but even she can tell that the land is sickly. When Ryu asks for her help (along with threatening her), she decides to assist him, as long as she can walk away scot-free afterwards.
And there you have it! My first Weekly Reading Review! Stay tuned for next week, and in the meantime, go check out some of my other blogposts, my Goodreads, and my YT channel!

Thanks for this! Love being able to read some honest reviews and get book recs!
ReplyDelete