Skip to main content

A (Somewhat Late) Storm of Blood Update

 A (Somewhat Late) Storm of Blood Update


Hello again, my fellow readers and writers! Today’s blogpost is half a ‘status update’ and half a ‘what my plan is’. So, if you’ve ever been curious about Storm of Blood, here’s the info!


Also, the picture for this post is a temporary cover– it is subject to change. Along with that, I will be sharing both a blurb and a snippet from my story. These are copyrighted, since copyright for any writing is automatic. If it is brought to my attention that any of my writing is stolen, I will have to take it down, and not share it again.


Anyway, onward we go!


Status Update

I am currently in the throes of editing my third draft of Storm of Blood. As of writing this blogpost, I am about ⅔ of the way through, and plan to be done editing by the end of September. 


I also have people beta reading (and a few of them are close to finishing).


So that’s what is currently going on!


The Snippet

Curious as to what the snippet is? (It may end up being deleted or changed, but for now, it’s in the story)


Here it is:


My father stood with three guards, a few paces in front of the fountain. I inclined my head towards him as I approached, and Matthis melded seamlessly into the small line that made up the guards. He would follow me if I went elsewhere, but was required to fall into line.

“Father. Did you know this was the time Storm would be here? My information was… inaccurate.” I got straight to the point, and watched as my Father raised a brow. It softened his normally severe face, but only slightly.

“I was told she would be here later, as well.” He replied, placing a hand on the decorative sword he wore. He wouldn’t be able to use it– he hadn’t touched a sword in a decade, at least. Unless it was for things like this.

“Hmm…” I snapped at Matthis and nodded to my Father, ignoring the tightness in my chest. “Well, I’m going to take a look. Do you think she’s pretty?” I smirked, and was rewarded with a scowl from him. Just as planned. I could care less if Halálvihar looked beautiful or not. I didn’t place much stock in appearances.

Because who would expect the severe but polite King of Vallorway to hurt his son? Who would expect the foolish prince to be plotting a rebellion against his own father? It was a weapon, appearances.


So, there’s your snippet of Storm of Blood! What do you think?


We’ll move onto my plan now, and finish off with the blurb.


What Are My Next Steps?

After I’m done with the editing and my beta readers are done, I will be doing tow things:

a. collecting all of their feedback (and my notes), to create a sort of, Manuscript Draft. 

And b. Creating a masterlist of facts.


For the Manuscript Draft, it will be where I put my notes to use and edit my previous draft, and it will be the final draft I do before I begin querying literary agents. 


Before I query lit. agents, though, I will be researching some and crafting a query letter.


Those were my next steps!


STORM OF BLOOD BLURB

Now, for Storm of Blood’s blurb! (this is a work in progress)


“Vallorway sits on the edge of collapse.” He said eventually, voice slow. “Because of my father’s machinations. His dreams of conquering Treylor and surrounding areas.”


Storm is a Warrior of the King, Halálvihar, the one who brings death by storm. Her life is ruled by the magic coursing through her veins and the man that exploits it for his whims, yet she wishes for something… more.

Lancelot is the Crown Prince, sole heir to the tyrant rule of his father, King of Vallorway. On the outside, he is a foolish prince, but he is secretly amassing a following of both royals and commoners from other countries to aid his end goal…

Her life is an outside war, tugged to and fro like a fraying rope. His life is an inside battle, a constant fight to keep his mask in place, to keep his life from shattering.

But a kingdom will fall. A war will cease, another will begin. Loyalties will shift. Fear and pain lurk beneath the surface…

Both are going to break, but one question stands:

When?


… and there’s my blurb! What do you think?


That was all for today’s post! Go check out my YT, comment, go on my Goodreads, look at some other blogposts… if you’re looking for more of my content, that is.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Noahs On The Subway: My Flash Fiction Piece That Went To AG National Fine Arts

Sugar, Spice, Steam… What Is The Spice Scale?

Make A Character With Me: A Step-By-Step Guide To Writing Detailed Characters