Weekly Reading Update - Sorry It’s Late!
Hello my fellow readers! I’m sorry that this post has come so late… I was heading back home from being at a family member’s house on Friday, ended up being really busy Saturday, got sick on Sunday, and started dual enrollment yesterday.
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Five. Stars. I loved this book, with its supernatural vibes– but not the kind with werewolves and vampires. No, this one has ley lines, ghosts, and magical forests.
I loved the characters, Blue, Gansey, Ronan (even though he was a bit of a jerk- well, is a jerk), Adam, and Noah. The story was just… the plot twists make sense in hindsight, and it’s overall really good.
While it had moderate language, there was very little romance and other things.
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
Four stars for The Raven Boys’ sequel. Don’t get me wrong, I loved it still, but it was more… vulgar than the previous book and had a few, kind of weird scenes. It was also focused around Ronan.
We get to learn a lot about Ronan in this book, and I loved how the rest of the characters… including The Gray Man. We also get to see some developing feelings going on between Blue and a certain someone…
Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
Three stars. Don’t get me wrong, I happen to like a good pirate story, but… this one kind of fell flat. I loved the characters, Alosa and Riden, but the plot was, in my opinion, a little drawn out in some spots and too rushed in others.
The worldbuilding fell a little flat for me, along with the big mission.
But, if you like pirates, you’ll definitely like this one. Oh, and it’s a romantasy, for fans of that.
Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
Five stars for this one! I loved seeing everything continue forward and grow, with the plot threads starting to wind tighter and tighter…
Also, Adam’s development in this book was my absolute FAVORITE. Gansey and Blue… they were high up there for sure, and I loved Noah so much in the book too. Oh, and I can’t forget Ronan, since he grows on you like a cancer.
Again, this is just… really good supernatural stuff here.
Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson
I’ll be honest, my favorite part of this book was Nate Fisher, the writer friend of Stevie’s. Stevie was also a good character, but I think I went into this book with the wrong expectations.
While the dual plotline was really cool, I felt like Stevie’s chapters kind of dragged on, and the plot was over all slow, and leaves you with more questions than answers at the end.
Even so, it was fresh and interesting and definitely something I haven’t read before.
And that’s all I read last week. I’ll try my hardest to post this week’s update in a timely manner, and hopefully get a writing post out sometime soon!

Comments
Post a Comment