Skip to main content

Weekly Reading Update: I’ve Read 100 Books This Year…

 Weekly Reading Update: I’ve Read 100 Books This Year…

Hello my fellow readers! Today is a simple reading recap, BUT I have a little announcement…


I have officially read 100 books this year! One. Hundred. It’s kind of crazy to think about, if I’m being completely honest. Also, please comment if you want me to make a list of all the books I’ve read, along with a star rating.


Now, onto my weekly reading update. I only read 3 books this week, so this will be a shorter post.


Daughter of the Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller

This one was 3.5 stars, but I rounded it up to 4 on my Goodreads. It was a satisfying conclusion to Daughter of the Pirate King, and I enjoyed the addition of lore in the book, but a lot of it just fell flat.


The main character, Alosa, felt a little wishy-washy during this story, and her love subplot with Riden was a little-we-don’t-like-each-other-but-he’s-attractive to oh-I-love- him, and it was slightly annoying.


Lessons in Power by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

This was FIVE stars. It was such a good second book to The Ruling Class, and I loved how much Tess grew throughout the story. Also, the plot really picked up in the second half, and the suspense was on-point.


The side characters had growth and depth, and it tied really well into the first book. The only qualm I have with this book is that it leaves JUST enough loose ends to make me hope for a third book or novella, and I have no idea if that will happen.


A Stage Set For Villains by Shannon J. Spann

Oh my gosh. This book is a 5 star Dark Fantasy with ALL THE VIBES. It took a little to get into, but that’s because it’s 513 pages long, but trust me, you’ll get hooked.


Riven is such an intriguing character, the backdrop of theater and a country that outlaws any sort of Playhouse magic and song and story… and the plot twist! It all combined, along with amazing side characters, to paint a beautiful book that will be one of my favorites for a very long time.


There is a trigger warning list at the front matter of the book, and I would recommend looking at that, because it IS a dark fantasy, and has some dark topics.


And that’s my weekly reading update! Not a lot, I know, but oh well.


Comments

  1. Yes please post a list with the books you read and star rating

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Noahs On The Subway: My Flash Fiction Piece That Went To AG National Fine Arts

Sugar, Spice, Steam… What Is The Spice Scale?

Make A Character With Me: A Step-By-Step Guide To Writing Detailed Characters